• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got 2 kids and I am sick. My husband does not care for us.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

khoaofgod

I'm in California.

I'm sick, and I can't get to work, because we have 2 kids.
The husband does not care for me, and he does not live with us also. He only gives us 400 a month. He's a nurse, and he makes around 6000 more monthly. He does not pay for my car insurance, so I can not drive my kids to school also. The house, where we live here, sometimes he does not pay utils, and they cut gas.

Is there any law that protects us? Or should I divorce him?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm in California.

The husband does not care for me, and he does not live with us also. He only gives us 400 a month. He's a nurse, and he makes around 6000 more monthly. He does not pay for my car insurance, so I can not drive my kids to school also. The house, where we live here, sometimes he does not pay utils, and they cut gas.

Why can't you work?
Yes, you should probably divorce him so that the court can issue appropriate support orders (child support and, if appropriate, spousal support.)

Just Blue

I'm in California.

What illness do you have?

Yes...File for divorce/custody/support.

Eekamouse

I'm in California.

Wait. You're sick so you can't get to your work because you have two kids? Huh?

I'm in California.

As you put such emphasis on how much your husband makes as opposed to the amount he gives to you, are you simply looking for more money?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Your husband who doesn't live with you and the kids, pays for your rent, the utilities and pretty much everything else plus his own expenses plus gives you $400 a month and you are griping? Are you kidding me? I can understand why he may be late at times considering the cost of living in CA.

adriana777

I'm in California.

I understand how you feel. I had the same situation as you. My ex-husband left me and my son without any support. It was such a hard time for me because i had to work a lot and took care of my child at the same time. You definitely should divorce him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">