• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i got a class b misdemeanor over a year ago can my husband parole home to my address?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Before your husband is assigned a parole officer, your husband must be granted a parole release. Before the parole release is granted, your husband must complete and have approved a parole plan, which includes a plan for employment and a plan for a suitable place to live.

If your husband’s parole plan includes living with you in your home, you will be investigated and interviewed, and your home will be inspected. You will learn if your residence is approved for his release before he is released. If not approved, he will need to find an alternative.

Your life may need to be adjusted a bit in order to meet the conditions of your husband’s parole. There can be unannounced visits to your home during the day and at night, and random drug testing.

Following is a link that outlines the standard conditions (see Reporting Conditions, General Conditions of Release, per Title 9 NYCRR section 8003.2). Special conditions may also be imposed, depending on the offense for which your husband was incarcerated.

https://doccs.ny.gov/community-supervision-handbook/community-supervision

Once the Board of Parole approves your husband’s plan and a Parole Officer is assigned, your husband will remain under the supervision of the Department of Corrections.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">