• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got a failure to yield when turning left at an intersection ticket and I want to know how to pursue this.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also missed court because my mother put me on a 5150 hold at the time so I was in the hospital against my will.

What is the name of your state? Az

zddoodah

ther put m
Pursue what? Do you have any defense to the charge? Also, are you a minor?

I also missed court because my mother put me on a 5150 hold at the time so I was in the hospital against my will.

There's no such thing as "a 5150 hold" in Arizona. "5150" refers to a section of California's Welfare & Institutions Code, which obviously isn't applicable in Arizona.

In any event, it's possible that you have a warrant out for your arrest, so consulting with a local criminal defense attorney would probably be a good idea.

quincy

The fact that you were hospitalized does not make your failure to yield any less a failure to yield. Do you have a defense to the traffic violation?

Was your drivers license suspended because you failed to appear in court?

quincy

Being held involuntarily for a mental health evaluation would be a good excuse for missing a court hearing (you will need documentation) and this should result in the court dismissing any fines (and the MVD lifting any license suspension) that has resulted from your failure to appear.

Skittles, you will want to find out if a failure to appear warrant has been issued. If one has, that needs to be taken care of first, before you are arrested on the warrant. Having an attorney handle this for you is recommended. Then you can deal with the failure to yield traffic offense.

Before you decide to drive to court (or anywhere, for that matter), you should find out if your license has been suspended. You already have one traffic violation to take care of in court. You don’t want to add a second violation.

The fact that you were hospitalized does not make your failure to yield any less a failure to yield. Do you have a defense to the traffic violation?

Was your drivers license suspended because you failed to appear in court?
why would my license need to be suspended when I never committed a crime and had tax dollars that I pay wasted. The real criminals are my brothers. They both have records and I don't. Of course this site is defending criminals.

before you are arrested on the warrant.
If I was to be arrested I would never let that go EVER and want to pursue charges with the police department, court, and anyone else associated in the situation. I will proably never let it go even after 10 years and still try to take action against the situation.

quincy

If I was to be arrested I would never let that go EVER and want to pursue charges with the police department, court, and anyone else associated in the situation. I will proably never let it go even after 10 years and still try to take action against the situation.
Check the status of your driver’s license. Your license can be automatically suspended if you fail to appear in court. You will need to find out if a warrant has been issued over your failure to appear. Only then will you know how to approach your traffic violation.

I suggest that if you want any additional assistance from the members of this forum that you refrain from being rude to the volunteers here willing to assist you.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You can likely get any fines, suspensions, or bench warrants from your Failure to Appear dismissed by providing documentation that you were hospitalized. That will not, however, address your original ticket. That will need to be handled on its own.

No need to be rude to the volunteers you're asking help from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">