• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i got real ended but the hitter is taking me to a small claim court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stella

My Honda Civic got real ended in San Francisco, CA by a pick up truck. The guy hit my car said to me that he thought that I was going to make a left. I told him that the light changed to red!. Police came but did not file a report since there was no injury. I told my insurance company and my adjuster told me go ahead and fix it. My deductible is $1,000, but since I was not at fault, deductible would be waived. Then I got a call from the adjuster that the other party claimed that I backed up and hit his car. He's taking me to a small claim court. Meanwhile deductible will be my responsiblity. (He's taking the matter at his own without involving his insurance company). I heard that if it goes to a small claim court, it's going be he said vs. she said. How can I make sure that justice is served? What kind of homework can I do beforehand against this liar? I am not sure that I can completely depend on my adjuster. p.s. I had 2 passengers in my car. He had no passenger. He hit right tail side of my car with his left front. It looked like he tried to change the lane since he could not make the left turn light.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">