• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have a stalker...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fillys_girl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Vermont

Here is the whole story;

I was with a woman with the initials B.C. and I was unaware that she was with someone else at the same time... we will refer to the other woman as L.P. and when I found out I broke off the relationship. I have since found someone else, and we have been dating for over a year 1/2.

In the process of breaking things off with BC, LP went crazy and she has caused a lot of emotional damage to me. When she first started she showed up at my college and started screaming at me the second I walked out. The same night she called my cell phone repeatedly, threatening to murder myself and my 1 year old daughter as well as threatening to smash the mirrors and windows in my car. I brought my phone to the police station and they recorded it onto a machine that looked like a cassette player. Low and behold within the next couple of days the mirror on the drivers side was hanging off which apparently happened over night while it was parked. Nothing was done about it... The answer I was given was "We have no proof it was her"

After all that happened, I went through the process of getting a no stalking order and she never showed up to the court hearing. Therefore the no stalking order went through with no problems. Then I moved in with my current girlfriend, and a month or so before the restraining order was up, she moved about 5 houses down on the same street as us.

Now the rest of it starts... I was crossing our street one day, and a car stopped to wave me across the road. When I got in front of her car, she stepped on the gas and then slammed on the brakes when she was about 6inches away from hitting me. I literally looked down and her bumper was RIGHT THERE... I was so upset that I went to the police station, they then told me to go to the courthouse and start the process of yet another no stalking order (mind you, this is about a year after my ex and I had split up)

After all this, her 15-16 year old daughter has started walking by my house while we are outside on our lawn swing and she starts flipping a butterfly knife as soon as she gets in front of our yard, the whole time staring and giving us dirty looks.. LP was continuously driving by screaming all sorts of swears and profanity. In front of our friends, their 6 & 10 yr old daughters, our 3 yr old nephew & my now 2yr old daughter.

I went to court about all this stuff and nothing was done about it. The judge granted a no contact order... and it is so vague that the cops cant do anything to her. Unless she physically puts her hands on me.

I have since found her daughter on our property taking pictures of my car (with the mirror still hanging), I confronted her as to why she was there and her response was "its none of your business" I told her to leave, she said no, I told her to leave again or I was calling the cops and she finally left.

On top of that....

The other night (last week) I went to go to the store and her daughter was in my driveway yet again... I went to move my car yesterday and found that both of the back tires are flat and one of them looks like it was slashed with a knife.. Then on my way home from the store I ended up behind them at the stop light, and I see them turn down one street (the street I have to go down to get home) and at the stop sign I see her car door open, about 10 seconds later I see it close and the car starts going again. (My belief is that she was going to get out of the car and harm me but someone else in the car stopped her)....

I don't know what to do, the things I wrote above are just a tip of the iceberg. Everywhere I go she is there, she is always either behind me or in front of me. I am at wits end here because the police in my town have done nothing about it, and the judge will not grant another no stalking order... Please help me!!! I am petrified that I will end up dead or something will happen to my home or family. I dont know what to do anymore...

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEE I have no money for a lawyer...What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">