• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i have a warrant i need to walk in on for failure to appear from a traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mr.No Cuffs

California

this warrant is close to a year old and i was unaware i had it until recently when i showed up on my background check for a job. what i would like to know is if i walk in on this warrant will i be booked & taken in. its for failure to appear on driving on a suspended license. i don't know exactly how these works but i was just wondering what my best coarse of action should be? i can't pay this all at once upfront but i need this warrant cleared...any advice?...thanks in advanced

Mr.No Cuffs

What crime is the warrant for?
Driving on a suspended license and or failing to appear....idk how serious they treat these because its not a warrant for murder or anything violent its just traffic but they sent me to the criminal window when i was going to check on it awhile back but just left instead because i couldn't afford to be booked on that day

CdwJava

Driving on a suspended license and or failing to appear....idk how serious they treat these because its not a warrant for murder or anything violent its just traffic but they sent me to the criminal window when i was going to check on it awhile back but just left instead because i couldn't afford to be booked on that day
Odd, because California hasn't typically issued arrest warrants for those offenses for many years. Usually, they simply suspend the license and send the issue to collections.

Did you have prior offenses?

If such an arrest warrant exists, it is likely that you would be released on another promise to appear (a citation), or, booked and then released on a promise to appear or after a court appearance.

Mr.No Cuffs

Odd, because California hasn't typically issued arrest warrants for those offenses for many years. Usually, they simply suspend the license and send the issue to collections.

Did you have prior offenses?

If such an arrest warrant exists, it is likely that you would be released on another promise to appear (a citation), or, booked and then released on a promise to appear or after a court appearance.
i had a few tickets for no registration blocking traffic in an intersection (wasn't my fault) and driving without a license 2 years prior that i couldn't take care of at the time....one of those things that just spiraled out of control

CdwJava

i had a few tickets for no registration blocking traffic in an intersection (wasn't my fault) and driving without a license 2 years prior that i couldn't take care of at the time....one of those things that just spiraled out of control
Okay, with priors for unlicensed and suspended license driving might cause a warrant.

CdwJava

oh okay....so with the prior tickets what are the chances of me walking out of there the same day i go to court?
That depends ... how much money for bail can you have ready? if you have enough money to cover 10% of bail, you can make the arrangements pretty fast.

I cannot predict whether you would be remanded if you appear in court or not. Policies and practices vary.

Mr.No Cuffs

That depends ... how much money for bail can you have ready? if you have enough money to cover 10% of bail, you can make the arrangements pretty fast.

I cannot predict whether you would be remanded if you appear in court or not. Policies and practices vary.
Thank you for your insight

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">