• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have to confess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I have been hiding a horrible secret that only those on my facebook page know. My children were taken to jail yesterday. They were running amok and were caught. I had once said I would never bail out any of my children. NEVER EVER. But my son was crying and heartbroken and my daughter KNEW that I would fix everything. What could I do. So I called and was told I would have to come in. I did everything to make sure they were protected and I LAPSED IN MY DUTIES.
After they were bailed out, the bigger one tried to sit in my lap while the other one put kisses on my neck. It was highly uncomfortable trying to drive this way. 98 pounds does NOT belong on my lap and I kept swatting her away. Not to mention I was dressed for court and both of them wreaked to high heaven. Good grief. After one day, they smelled horribly. NEVER go to jail.

I paid their bail and got them home. My son is thrilled and my daughter is assured of my talents. As a parent. You can go pro se on this.

So here is a warning... If your dogs ever get out of the yard, be prepared if they are caught and taken to the pound, YOU will have to pay to get them out. Mine was $24 each animal. And that was on top of the money I paid to build a privacy fence around the yard. Not to mention the price it is going to take to get the stench out of the car and the time that will be spent bathing them.

I am a horrible parent. But I think I, my two dogs, and my family learned a valuable lesson. Love doesn't have a price. I would most likely pay it again regardless of my protestations. :eek:;)

eerelations

Hahahaha! Good post, didn't know you were talking about dogs right away! (Although I did get a little suspicious when you said they were JAILED :eek: because they were running amok...)

Dogs don't know what they're doing and therefore can't be held accountable. If they can get out and run amok, they will, that's their nature. Not acknowledging this means you will be on the hook for loads of bail money in the future. It is what it is. I'm so glad you saw the light and understand this now. :D

(PS it's "reeked" not "wreaked" - noted with affection. Also, cats are cheaper, bail-wise. Just sayin')

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I have been hiding a horrible secret that only those on my facebook page know. My children were taken to jail yesterday. They were running amok and were caught. I had once said I would never bail out any of my children. NEVER EVER. But my son was crying and heartbroken and my daughter KNEW that I would fix everything. What could I do. So I called and was told I would have to come in. I did everything to make sure they were protected and I LAPSED IN MY DUTIES.
After they were bailed out, the bigger one tried to sit in my lap while the other one put kisses on my neck. It was highly uncomfortable trying to drive this way. 98 pounds does NOT belong on my lap and I kept swatting her away. Not to mention I was dressed for court and both of them wreaked to high heaven. Good grief. After one day, they smelled horribly. NEVER go to jail.

I paid their bail and got them home. My son is thrilled and my daughter is assured of my talents. As a parent. You can go pro se on this.

So here is a warning... If your dogs ever get out of the yard, be prepared if they are caught and taken to the pound, YOU will have to pay to get them out. Mine was $24 each animal. And that was on top of the money I paid to build a privacy fence around the yard. Not to mention the price it is going to take to get the stench out of the car and the time that will be spent bathing them.

I am a horrible parent. But I think I, my two dogs, and my family learned a valuable lesson. Love doesn't have a price. I would most likely pay it again regardless of my protestations. :eek:;)
OMG!! Keep the dogs on a leash in the yard!! And Do. Not. Ever. Scare me this way...!!

Glad all the kiddos are home and safe. :)

LdiJ

Hahahaha! Good post, didn't know you were talking about dogs right away! (Although I did get a little suspicious when you said they were JAILED :eek: because they were running amok...)

Dogs don't know what they're doing and therefore can't be held accountable. If they can get out and run amok, they will, that's their nature. Not acknowledging this means you will be on the hook for loads of bail money in the future. It is what it is. I'm so glad you saw the light and understand this now. :D

(PS it's "reeked" not "wreaked" - noted with affection. Also, cats are cheaper, bail-wise. Just sayin')
I was a bit suspicious since the ages of her actual children would make it highly unlikely that they were running amok together.;)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I was a bit suspicious since the ages of her actual children would make it highly unlikely that they were running amok together.;)
In dog years, the dogs are similarly spaced in ages. :rolleyes: Dear goodness. I am not going to concrete my entire yard... well at least by the fence so they can't dig out. They can't jump but apparently figured out how to dig. Dangit.

ETA: Put year instead of yard. I've had wine. DANGIT. Rough day in court... too many cases today.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I thought "wreaked" was wrong but spell check didn't catch it and I have been in court since 8 am. Now I have wine... I took a break only to bail out the two four footed children that escaped (the other dog got out to go to the front porch to be let in -- brilliance -- he dug the hole and let the others out and yet doesn't want out). I have two cats. They refuse to go outside. That place is evil. They prefer the heaven of the house. A SIX FOOT FENCE WAS JUST PUT IN! Literally. To keep them in the yard. My hubby is now going to concrete around the fence so they can't dig under. Both were very appreciative of me bailing them out. And I am glad I have wine because this is going to age me because my child spent the night crying because the two left. I spent the night cursing that they ran and yet bailed them out when I found them. I earned MAMAPOINTS! My son is smiling and daughter thinks I am a hero!

Silverplum

Decades ago in AZ, our way-smart dog got out and went sniffing. The ticket citation was for 'Dog At Large.'

We called him that for the rest of his long, remarkable, and adventurous life. :)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
OMG!! Keep the dogs on a leash in the yard!! And Do. Not. Ever. Scare me this way...!!

Glad all the kiddos are home and safe. :)
The one dog has broke EVERY chain we have tried. Or snapped her collars. Doesn't work. She now has a padlocked collar. The other dog who escaped... yeah he wanted to run with baby girl. Dang dogs. SIX FOOT PRIVACY FENCE THEY CAN NOT JUMP. Just installed. They can't get over. So they decided to go under. Damn smart dogs. :mad::rolleyes::eek:

eerelations

In dog years, the dogs are similarly spaced in ages. :rolleyes: Dear goodness. I am not going to concrete my entire year... well at least by the fence so they can't dig out. They can't jump but apparently figured out how to dig. Dangit.
It is what it is. They do what they do. And the more they do, the more we pay. Life.

AdoptADog

LOVE this! I am glad you bailed them out. I would do the same. My little slice of heaven likes to go next door to eat the cat food left out for the ferals. She is responsible for higher fencing and chicken wire below. My elder statesman is too old for running amok, but still does in his dreams.

I volunteer in animal rescue, I know the stench of which you speak...have done some drives that have taken a couple of hours from "jail" to receiving location with that smell. Windows down in 50 degree weather on the interstate? Yep, been there!

You are a good parent!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
LOVE this! I am glad you bailed them out. I would do the same. My little slice of heaven likes to go next door to eat the cat food left out for the ferals. She is responsible for higher fencing and chicken wire below. My elder statesman is too old for running amok, but still does in his dreams.

I volunteer in animal rescue, I know the stench of which you speak...have done some drives that have taken a couple of hours from "jail" to receiving location with that smell. Windows down in 50 degree weather on the interstate? Yep, been there!

You are a good parent!
I try... but I feel horrible they were loose to be caught. NOT my idea and not what I wanted for them.

LdiJ

I try... but I feel horrible they were loose to be caught. NOT my idea and not what I wanted for them.
There are some dogs that just have to go roaming...and there is not much you can do about it other than to make the yard as impregnable as possible. I had a yellow lab that could escape from EVERYTHING...even a full harness.

AdoptADog

I am happy they were caught and not hurt. They are now safe at home where they belong. Sometimes the safety net works! If they wanna play, they gotta pay! :rolleyes: Silly kids, just can't seem to figure out that home is truly where the heart is! (As my girlie is laying in an upside-down-roach-half-noodle-pretzel position waiting to be served her dinner!) <3

Just Blue

In dog years, the dogs are similarly spaced in ages. :rolleyes: Dear goodness. I am not going to concrete my entire yard... well at least by the fence so they can't dig out. They can't jump but apparently figured out how to dig. Dangit.

ETA: Put year instead of yard. I've had wine. DANGIT. Rough day in court... too many cases today.
I love you girl...And I honestly don't know how you do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">