• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I hired a "supposed" mechanic to repair my steering Tampa Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samuel59

I hired a "supposed" mechanic to repair my steering (replace the pressure hose), which I hired from a facebook site called "Tampa Bay Garage Sale".

This "mechanic" performed the "job" in my driveway. The day after the "repair", the mechanic was informed that the issue was not only "not resolved", but was actually worse (at that time, it was still my opinion).

After I informed him, he of course blamed me for the issue, and not even apologizing and coming to look. He knew he did a bad job, and was happy to take my money. I took it to a professional, and there were many things wrong with the "new" part that was installed. I have it in writing from an actual licensed mechanic.

I have everything that was said, from beginning to end, every single text message. I was able to locate him, his address, and his background, and it seems this man is also on probation for auto theft.

Essentially this man risked the life of me and my stepdad, in order to make a few dollars and could care less about putting us at risk. Would this be fraud? Would this be a crime (risking lives?)? Is it strictly civil?

This man needs to be stopped before he hurts or kills someone. Thank you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This is a civil matter - and a good lesson for you. Is it worth it to you to save a few bucks by going to a non-licensed mechanic for work that you consider so important?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">