• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I just accidentally scratched another person's car at a parking lot.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JLG1995

How bad is this scratch and how much will I get charged for the damage?

What happened was that I tried to park in a hurry while a car behind me tried to reverse out orca parking lane. Then I didn't stop my car like I should have and hit a car to the right of me. I waited for the owner of the car I hit so I can give him the insurance info. I'm pretty worried about it because the insurance of the truck I drive is still under my father's name and I don't know exactly how much I'll have to pay for a scratch like this and how much the rate will increase for my father.

I just hope it doesn't jump up the insurance rate for my father by a lot.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
We are not an auto-repair/body work forum. We are a legal forum. You will be required to pay whatever it costs to repair the damage and your father's insurance rates will likely go up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">