• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I just want to be clear.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vjoey9229

What is the name of your state? CA. I’ve asked and I still have been clear of trouble. I just want to be clear on answers I read. Mind you I do my best to obey rules, like leaving info for a car I bump even if nobody else there. Unless something legal happens to me which I’m unsure what to do, I’m done posting. So just wish me luck I’m still staying clear of trouble.
1. Note I obey so much, half the time I take pics of lights to make sure I didn’t run them even if green. IF I ever ran a red, how likely is it behind will record me with a phone or dash cam and show police?
2. IF they show how likely is it I’ll be in trouble like a ticket?
3. Would the current pandemic status (better than a year ESP 2 ago for what that’s worth) affect the answer?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? CA. I’ve asked and I still have been clear of trouble. I just want to be clear on answers I read. Mind you I do my best to obey rules, like leaving info for a car I bump even if nobody else there. Unless something legal happens to me which I’m unsure what to do, I’m done posting. So just wish me luck I’m still staying clear of trouble.
1. Note I obey so much, half the time I take pics of lights to make sure I didn’t run them even if green.
You're full of crap.
IF I ever ran a red, how likely is it behind will record me with a phone or dash cam and show police?
Not gonna happen.
Not at all.
3. Would the current pandemic status (better than a year ESP 2 ago for what that’s worth) affect the answer?
Nope

The answers really haven't changed from the last time you brought up this silliness. https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/red-light-video.658535/

adjusterjack

1. Note I obey so much, half the time I take pics of lights to make sure I didn’t run them even if green. IF I ever ran a red, how likely is it behind will record me with a phone or dash cam and show police?
Drive the speed limit, or less when there is traffic. Brake on yellow, stop on red, and you won't ever have to worry about running red lights.

If you activate the traffic light's camera, you WILL get a ticket.

No.

zddoodah

I’ve asked
Asked what?

IF I ever ran a red, how likely is it behind will record me with a phone or dash cam and show police?
I don't really understand the question. Not all intersections have red light cameras. Where they exist, the likelihood is high that you'll be caught. Where they don't exist, well...you can probably figure that out.

IF they show how likely is it I’ll be in trouble like a ticket?
If you are caught on a red light camera, yes, you (or the owner of the car you're driving) will receive a ticket.

Would the current pandemic status (better than a year ESP 2 ago for what that’s worth) affect the answer?
The "current pandemic status" has nothing to do with the law prohibiting running red lights.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't really understand the question. Not all intersections have red light cameras. Where they exist, the likelihood is high that you'll be caught. Where they don't exist, well...you can probably figure that out.

If you are caught on a red light camera, yes, you (or the owner of the car you're driving) will receive a ticket.
The OP is talking about folks in other cars (behind him) recording possible traffic violations and then reporting it to the police.

quincy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">