• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I know it is a fraud and I don't know what to do about it.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JasonS2020

Hello everyone,

I took my car back to the dealership I bought it from for an issue, my car is still under the extended warranty that I bought when purchasing my car. They fixed it and I got the report showing an extra charge related to a damage to my rim that never existed when they picked up my car. I asked for proof and they sent a picture that clearly didn't belong to my car. The guy that I was in contact with told me in a text message that he took the picture himself on the day that my car arrived at their location but when I told him that the details of the picture is different from my car, his next text to me was 4 days later when he told me that he no longer works for that dealership.

After many many follow ups they told me that they made a mistake with my claim and will fix the error with the warranty company. I know they made a false claim on my behalf for a damage that never existed. they submitted a claim with false evidence and got the money for themselves. when I found out, they just told me that they will fix the claim.

They never even apologized.

I know this is a insurance fraud and this might be happening to many other customers but I don't know what I can do about it.

any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated.

PayrollHRGuy

If you feel the need you could contact the provider of the extended warranty and let them know your suspicions. It would be up to them to do anything about it.

quincy

Hello everyone,

I took my car back to the dealership I bought it from for an issue, my car is still under the extended warranty that I bought when purchasing my car. They fixed it and I got the report showing an extra charge related to a damage to my rim that never existed when they picked up my car. I asked for proof and they sent a picture that clearly didn't belong to my car. The guy that I was in contact with told me in a text message that he took the picture himself on the day that my car arrived at their location but when I told him that the details of the picture is different from my car, his next text to me was 4 days later when he told me that he no longer works for that dealership.

After many many follow ups they told me that they made a mistake with my claim and will fix the error with the warranty company. I know they made a false claim on my behalf for a damage that never existed. they submitted a claim with false evidence and got the money for themselves. when I found out, they just told me that they will fix the claim.

They never even apologized.

I know this is a insurance fraud and this might be happening to many other customers but I don't know what I can do about it.

any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated.
What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">