• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need advice about my HB1...Please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? New Mexico

I want to know something about my HB1 visa. I am employed with an HB1 currently. I want to change employers. Can I just find another job and get them to submit the transfer forms and then hand in my notice at work....or do I have to get permission from my currently employer to leave?. I don't like it there at all but they wouldn't give me permission to leave? Can I just not tell them and get the job, do the paperwork and then hand in my notice and leave?



First of all find a job that will sponsor you. tell them your visa status and who's sponsoring you. They will do the rest. Once they get the transfer form or transfer of sponsorship, or they might just sponsor you altogether, you can resign and work for the other the new company. You former employer doesn't need to know what you're doing and will not know it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential