• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need advice with a strange legal situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bozzz

My ex-girlfriend keeps prank calling me. She has been baiting me to prank call her so I did. During the few times that I did this she had called the cops and tried to get my phone # traced. I live in Arizona and she lives in Colorado. Well last night a detective called me from Colorado and said that 1 of the phone calls was traced back to my home phone # and she also said that when I was prank calling her I was committing domestic violence. This whole situation is very childish but she is a very jealous and possessive person. I don't know whether the detective calling me was just trying to scare me from doing it again or if it was for real. She said that she would turn it over to the D.A. My questions that I have for anyone that could help are 1. What kind of charges could be slapped on me for doing this? 2. What are the legal stipulations with me living in Arizona? 3. What if a warrant for my arrest was placed in Colorado, could they come to Arizona to get me? Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Oh by the way I am a college graduate and I don't have a record and have never been arrested before. If that matters at all.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bozzz:
My ex-girlfriend keeps prank calling me. She has been baiting me to prank call her so I did. During the few times that I did this she had called the cops and tried to get my phone # traced. I live in Arizona and she lives in Colorado. Well last night a detective called me from Colorado and said that 1 of the phone calls was traced back to my home phone # and she also said that when I was prank calling her I was committing domestic violence. This whole situation is very childish but she is a very jealous and possessive person. I don't know whether the detective calling me was just trying to scare me from doing it again or if it was for real. She said that she would turn it over to the D.A. My questions that I have for anyone that could help are 1. What kind of charges could be slapped on me for doing this? 2. What are the legal stipulations with me living in Arizona? 3. What if a warrant for my arrest was placed in Colorado, could they come to Arizona to get me? Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Oh by the way I am a college graduate and I don't have a record and have never been arrested before. If that matters at all. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You know, there are people on this Board with real problems - - losing homes, divorces, contract problems, etc., and you want us to take valuable time away from these people so we can help you and your girlfriend deal with your childish hormonal problems? Spend a few bucks and see an attorney if this "problem" keeps you awake at night.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

H

hawaiianmark

SORRY BUT IAAL sounds like a lawyer loser, like the one i gotta deal with, if it is a real prob. to you , try NOLO PRESS to get a idea of where to go and what to do.... ALOHA and God Bless....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">