• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

G_ANGEL68

What is the name of your state? Texas
I have just been served papers that say I have been sued for defamation,Tortious Interference and Civil conspiracy. Recently my employer asked me and every other employee to write a statement about 2 certain individuals who where causing problems and being prejudice against gays. I am not gay (just to let you know). So I wrote a statement as well as several other employees. The individuals where terminated. Now 6 months later, I am served papers for this??? I am poor and have no money, so this can only be vengence ( I Assume). I was told by the home office of my company that their lawyers where reviewing my case. There where several other charges against the company by the same individual sueing me. Everything I wrote was the truth, so how is this defamation? And what should I do? I only did what i was asked to do.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

G_ANGEL68 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
I have just been served papers that say I have been sued for defamation,Tortious Interference and Civil conspiracy. Recently my employer asked me and every other employee to write a statement about 2 certain individuals who where causing problems and being prejudice against gays. I am not gay (just to let you know). So I wrote a statement as well as several other employees. The individuals where terminated. Now 6 months later, I am served papers for this??? I am poor and have no money, so this can only be vengence ( I Assume). I was told by the home office of my company that their lawyers where reviewing my case. There where several other charges against the company by the same individual sueing me. Everything I wrote was the truth, so how is this defamation? And what should I do? I only did what i was asked to do.

My response:

Famous last words . . .

Heinrich Himmler, former Reichsfuhrer-SS Officer, head of the Gestapo
and the Waffen-SS, Minister of the Interior from 1943 to 1945 - -

"I was only following orders."

------

You asked, "What should I do?"

Do about what? You've already said that the company attorneys were reviewing the lawsuit against you. Like Himmler, you could have said "No."

IAAL

Last edited:
M

mreman

Basically you were suckered into the mentality that anything they said against "gays" was discrimination. The company fired them based on what YOU wrote as truth...what proof do you have that:

A. What they said was creating a hostile workplace
B. That they said ANYTHING at all?

Always best to not put anything in writing...especially that sort of thing. You may not have liked what they had to say, because MTV has given you your opinions, but they likely were within reasonable boundries to say what they said...and now you are named as a defendant because of what you wrote stating that they were not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">