• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prophet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?N.Y.C I have a sister who is not a good mother it all started that she would hang out and party all night and not take care of her kids.She would come in the next morning and go directly to bed without caring for her kids.Then she started coming home the next evening, she would eat take a shower put the kids to sleep, and would repeat the whole thing all over again and day after day. Her oldest son is only 9 years old and once asked my mother why does his mother always leave him alone and when she told me this i knew that i had to come up with a solution to this problem. So i lectured my sister about the things that she is doing and the impact that it has on her kids. But as time went by i noticed my advice had no affect on her and her behavior. One night she came home drunk and i stared to hear loud bangs coming out from her room so i got worried and headed towards the room. When i got there i heard things being thrown around and loud bangs, but the door was locked so i kicked it open. Then i noticed that there was a huge mess in her room and that she was drunk. She screamed at me in a slurred speech telling me why did i kick open the door, that it wasn't my room i apologized and told her that i thought somebody was fighting in her room. She started telling me that some things were missing from her room. I told her that i don't have a clue what happened to the things. A short while later my mother interfered and told her that she threw away some of her things and that little by little shes going to throw away all her things because she's not doing anything for herself or the kids.All she was doing every day was getting drunk and high, so she wanted her to leave. So they stared to argue together. I got nervous so i stepped out to the hallway to smoke a ciggerette. A little while later I noticed that the front door locked and alot of yelling began, so i stared banging on the door so that someone would open. About a minute later i heard a glass break then she opened the door i saw a whole lot of water,glass, and blood on the floor so as soon as she walked out i immediately locked the door and called the cops. She started to bang and kick the door. Then she started to yell threats at us. A short while later the cops arrived then they knocked on my door. When i opened they asked me to step into the hallway they then asked me to put my hands behind my back and they handcuffed me. They told me that my sister said that i cut her hand with a knife. I then told them that they could go inside and see for themselves that she cut her hand with the fish tank that she hit, and that my mom and wife could testify to that. They went in and saw the evidence for themselves so they uncuffed me and took my moms statement. They then took her to the phyciatric hospital where she was admitted.The next day my mom went to family court and recieved temporry custody of the children and also a order of protection from my sister.prohibiting her to see her children until the next court date. A couple of days later a detective called the house looking for me.I returned the call when i received the message and he told me to come into the precinct. So i came in to see him the next day he explained that my sister had pressed charges on me for assault but that he wasn't going to arrest me because he interviewed the cops that came by the house the day she broke the tank and also took my mothers statement and believed that my sister was a liar, so he wanted me to write down what happened that day and then i could go free. She then took her lies to family court and they issued an order of protection where i am to stay away from the residence of her children, which is also where my child and wife live. So i have to make arrangements to see my son and wife elsewhere until the next court date.
PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME TO GET THE ADVISE I NEED TO OVERCOME THIS MATTER

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You need an attorney. Kicking in the door is NOT a bright move on your part and is a major part of the issue. And if you were outside smoking a cigarette and the door opened to reveal blood, water and what not then you have NO CLUE what happened. You didn't witness it or see it. So quit trying to state with a fact how your sister cut yourself.

prophet

You need an attorney. Kicking in the door is NOT a bright move on your part and is a major part of the issue. And if you were outside smoking a cigarette and the door opened to reveal blood, water and what not then you have NO CLUE what happened. You didn't witness it or see it. So quit trying to state with a fact how your sister cut yourself.
my sister punched the fish tank. I wasn't there to see it, but my mom and wife were. And I believed that someone was fighting in her room so i kicked the door open. I lived there too what ever happens in that house becomes my buisiness, especially if kids lives are at stake.
PLEASE IF YOU HAVE TIME REREAD THE THREAD AND TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Use paragraphs.

Call Child Protective Services (or their equivalent) if you feel the children are in danger.

Hot Topic

Why would the son feel that he was "always" left alone with the rest of you in the house?

Why didn't you call the police when you heard the sounds of a fight going on in your sister's room instead of breaking down the door?

Your mother is an idiot. She had no right to take any of your sister's things, let alone throw them out. Hopefully, she'll be forced to pay restitution.

You left your mother alone with your drunken sister and had a smoke? Unbelievable.

Talk to an attorney immediately. And get CPS involved. Where is the husband?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">