• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need brain power on this 1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jayceisback

What is the name of your state? pa

Dear sir/mam,

Hello I have a very interesting question that i would love to be answered. Here is the problem...My g/f got in a accident when she was 19 (she was drinking) hence she is on probation in dauphin county pa. Before I met my g/f i had charges in another state that will not resume any status till a min. of three years. Here is the question. What legal right does the probation office have to say that she can perhaps not live with me any longer due to the fact that I have charges steming against myself? I believe the way that I was raised was that you are inocent until proven guilty...... I have no prior conviction of any sort on my record and this seems like a big shaft on the part of the legal system itself .. Do I have to never have a girlfriend from charges that stem from 1999? Mind you I do not have a murder charge at all I have 2 co-defendants which they have chosen to proceed with thier trials first. I would love to have the legal prespectives brought to my attention if any in reguards to this at your earliest convienence.
Thank You For Your Time,

Jay

HomeGuru

jayceisback said:
What is the name of your state? pa

Dear sir/mam,

Hello I have a very interesting question that i would love to be answered. Here is the problem...My g/f got in a accident when she was 19 (she was drinking) hence she is on probation in dauphin county pa. Before I met my g/f i had charges in another state that will not resume any status till a min. of three years. Here is the question. What legal right does the probation office have to say that she can perhaps not live with me any longer due to the fact that I have charges steming against myself? I believe the way that I was raised was that you are inocent until proven guilty...... I have no prior conviction of any sort on my record and this seems like a big shaft on the part of the legal system itself .. Do I have to never have a girlfriend from charges that stem from 1999? Mind you I do not have a murder charge at all I have 2 co-defendants which they have chosen to proceed with thier trials first. I would love to have the legal prespectives brought to my attention if any in reguards to this at your earliest convienence.
Thank You For Your Time,

Jay

**A: yes, her probation officer can indeed tell her that she cannot live with you.

stephenk

as part of her probation i am sure she is prohibited from having any contact with ex-felons or criminal influences. You are a criminal influence since you have pending charges against you.

The longer she hangs with you the more likely she will have her probation violated and then you wont have to worry about her living with you since she will be in jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">