• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help ASAP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Whatever happened, the injuries suffered by Tabatha86’s boyfriend are severe enough that a personal injury lawyer should be consulted. The attorney will investigate the accident and cause and should be able to tell the boyfriend if the employer (or ladder maker, etc) can be held liable or share in liability.

I hope Tabatha returns to fill in some blanks for us.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Whatever happened, the injuries suffered by Tabatha86’s boyfriend are severe enough that a personal injury lawyer should be consulted.
I agree, though I'd suggest starting with a worker's comp lawyer to ensure that there isn't some recourse there. With worker's comp there is no need to prove negligence.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I have no problems with that, even though I suspect the employer isn’t covered.
The employer might not be. But as I don't know that state's law, I can't eliminate the possibility that the worker's comp law might still provide a remedy for an injured worker against the uncovered employer without the need to prove negligence. That kind of remedy would provide further incentive for employers to ensure they are covered by worker's comp insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">