• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help dealing with Ohio CPS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sydhightower

What is the name of your state?Ohio.

last week,two CPS agents showed up at my door with accusations that my house is filthy and my twelve year old son is unwashed and smells. Neither of these accusations are true. they demanded entry into our home,which was promptly refused. tomorrow they are returning. I do not want to allow them in as I have seen how they are with other people I know. I would like to know how to best handle this. thank you

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state?Ohio.

last week,two CPS agents showed up at my door with accusations that my house is filthy and my twelve year old son is unwashed and smells. Neither of these accusations are true. they demanded entry into our home,which was promptly refused. tomorrow they are returning. I do not want to allow them in as I have seen how they are with other people I know. I would like to know how to best handle this. thank you
You do NOT have to cooperate with them. Present your son at the door. In what county in Ohio are you located? It is possible that they will file for an access order. But you do NOT have to tell them anything OR sign any releases. In fact, sign NO releases.

sydhightower

You do NOT have to cooperate with them. Present your son at the door. In what county in Ohio are you located? It is possible that they will file for an access order. But you do NOT have to tell them anything OR sign any releases. In fact, sign NO releases.

I am in mahoning county

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Youngstown is where the court is. Sign no releases. Do what I said above. You are entitled to appointed counsel at every stage if they file in court and cannot afford counsel. You do NOT have to cooperate with CPS. And if Ldij comes on this thread, ignore EVERY THING she states as she is clueless and dangerous. She has no clue of the law and will lead you into trouble. Again CPS may file for an access order but if they see your child at the front door, they do not have ANY right to enter. Without a court order, they have no right to tell you that you have to do ANYTHING. If they try to convince you to sign releases or take a drug test, ask them for a copy of their COURT orders. If they have none, you don't have to do a thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">