• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Need help getting my money from disability claims?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenizbad

I am having a huge problem filing my state disability claim,Let me give you the situation:
I became injured outside of my job on 7/30/01 and went to the emergency room on 7/31/01 the doctor who examined me had x-rays taken of my injured area(rib)
came back and told me I was fine that it was just bruised,and asked me how long I needed off of work to recover,so I said 3-4 days(based on his info. in wich I would not have needed to apply for disability.
So I end up being out of work almost 2 weeks(7/31/01-8/13/01)because of pain I finally found a docter to see me because I had not found one yet for my new insurance she gets the x-rays from hospital and turns out my rib is fractured in 7 to 8 places. So I get state disability forms from my employer and bring them to my new docter to fill them out and she tells me she can't because the majority of my care was under the emergency room docter, yet when I filed my claim through met life from my job and they contacted my new docter they had no problem and approved it.
I contacted the emergency room and they put me in contact with a supervisor from customer relations and it turns out that the emergency room docter was negligent in his diagnosis,the supervisor contacted me back to assist me in info on trying to get these state disability claim forms filled out,and she said they cannot help me because they are now investigating the situation of emergency room docters negligence.
I contacted the state disability help line and the rep told me that my claim would now be considered past time allowed to file,and I cannot recieve my payment from the claim approved by met life(through my employer) due to the fact that I live in California and the state disability tax rate info is needed from my state disability claim(they need to know how much I would be getting from state to configure the amount paid by the claim approved from them).
I have information from first hospital visit, my visit to the new docter,I can get x-rays proving injury,letter from my HR representative from my employer that states all of the above to be factual,even letter of approval of claim through met life(through my employer)
Please help me?! What can I do?!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">