• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need help i just found out that there are laws against moving out when under 17

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarah17

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

i moved away from my home 2 months ago. i moved because my parents got a divorice and my dad wanted to move to get away from my moms memories. i thought it would be ok and i wanted my dad to stop drinking. so i went at first it was aweful and then i thoiught i git used to it now all i do is ccry and cry. ive told hime i want to go back. he says i cannot go back to stay with my boyfriend b/c thats the only place i can go. one reason i feel i can not go is b/c my dad was suicidal and i am all he has left so its hard to talk to him about it. so i thought i would just leave and move out on my own. but people told me that is illegal and i could get into trouble what do i do?

Bravo8

If you leave without your parent's permission, you will be listed as a runaway and returned to your parent's custody. If you continue to run away, you'll be placed in a facility.

From your name, I'd assume you are 17 years old. Why not wait until you turn 18 (and are therefor a legal adult)?

sarah17

Bravo8 said:
If you leave without your parent's permission, you will be listed as a runaway and returned to your parent's custody. If you continue to run away, you'll be placed in a facility.

From your name, I'd assume you are 17 years old. Why not wait until you turn 18 (and are therefor a legal adult)?
i cant wit until i am 17 thats another whole yr.

Wolflmg

You need to go back to who ever had custody of you. If your father wont let you back into the house, then you go to the police and tell them your father isn't allowing you to return home.

Also if your father or mother report you as a runaway, whoever your staying with could get in trouble for harboring you as a runaway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">