• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help. Please help me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OutOfLuck2005

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

FL

Hello all!

I came to US in 1981 (F2) and left in 1986 during that time I did part of my primary education. My sister got married and we visit (B1/B2) her almost every year.

In 1998 (F1) I started my college education and I graduated in 2004 as a Computer Engineer. I got married in 2002 and in 2003 we were separated so she did not go to the INS interview. My case was closed. I got divorce in 2005.

At this time my Sister (US Citizen) and my Mother (PR) filled an I-130 on my behalf (12/2004). My Mother will fill Citizenship in Oct. 2005.

Currently, I am out of status. I have a college degree and some IT experience that I gained while I had my work permit. Now, I can not work, is hard to get married if the circumstances will arise since I have no status and divorce. By the way I from Venezuela so I can not go back to my country since it has a strong communist inclination and since Chavez thinks Bush is going to kill him like Pat suggested.

If I would have to leave the country can I leave to some where else like Canada for example?

I apologized for the long story (Story of My Life) but thought it could help in the advice process.

I think is great that there are people willing to help like you guys.

Thanks!!!

OutOfLuck2005

Quick Question: Can I solve my problem? If yes, How? If No, Why?

Quick Question: Can I solve my problem? If yes, How? If No, Why?

Thanks!!!

HomeGuru

OutOfLuck2005 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

FL

Hello all!

I came to US in 1981 (F2) and left in 1986 during that time I did part of my primary education. My sister got married and we visit (B1/B2) her almost every year.

In 1998 (F1) I started my college education and I graduated in 2004 as a Computer Engineer. I got married in 2002 and in 2003 we were separated so she did not go to the INS interview. My case was closed. I got divorce in 2005.

At this time my Sister (US Citizen) and my Mother (PR) filled an I-130 on my behalf (12/2004). My Mother will fill Citizenship in Oct. 2005.

Currently, I am out of status. I have a college degree and some IT experience that I gained while I had my work permit. Now, I can not work, is hard to get married if the circumstances will arise since I have no status and divorce. By the way I from Venezuela so I can not go back to my country since it has a strong communist inclination and since Chavez thinks Bush is going to kill him like Pat suggested.

If I would have to leave the country can I leave to some where else like Canada for example?

I apologized for the long story (Story of My Life) but thought it could help in the advice process.

I think is great that there are people willing to help like you guys.

Thanks!!!

**A: yes, do check with Canada.

Dilia

HomeGuru said:
**A: yes, do check with Canada.
Canada may be a good place to try, but do check of where it'll be easy to migrate there. There are other provinces that they may be looking for someone with IT background. Please note that they go by the points system in order to be eligible to apply and migrate. I hope this will be of help. Dilia

OutOfLuck2005

The answer!!!

I found out that if you are out of status in the US you can not migrate to Canada directly. You have to go to your home country. That sucks!

Good News, since I qualify as a skilled worker with a score of 67 points (77 if I get a job offer before I go) I am eligible for Permanente Residency.

That is the one thing I never understood of US Immigration. They let in all kinds of people but the great majority are people with no education what so ever. Some don't even know how to read or write not even primary school less alone a high school diploma. Then, you got your H1-B visa workers where 90% of then are from India who lie on their resume's saying they have 5-10 years of experience. When in reality they just graduate or have 1-2 years of hands on experience.

Immigration in the US is so complex and ironic at the same time. Since I am out of status but I enter legally the US and if I would to merry a US Citizen then article 245(i) of INA allows me to get a conditional PR and work permit. In addition, after 3 years of being merry I can become a US citizen.

It just crazy, how does this make sense at all? Who wrote these laws!

Thank you all for your help!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">