• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jac720

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

My wife and I are not divorced yet, but I know that she is planning on leaving me to go and fallow a fellon on the run (her daughter's dad) with our son, but the thing is the person where she is planning on going is 3,000 miles away. what should i do about tis and even if we are still married is she allowed to do so even if she has cheated on me with this person before we are divorced? Is this not adultry? Is she allowed to leave to another state with my son with out me knowing where she is going and without court ordder or my concent? please help me with this.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

My wife and I are not divorced yet, but I know that she is planning on leaving me to go and fallow a fellon on the run (her daughter's dad) with our son, but the thing is the person where she is planning on going is 3,000 miles away. what should i do about tis and even if we are still married is she allowed to do so even if she has cheated on me with this person before we are divorced? Is this not adultry? Is she allowed to leave to another state with my son with out me knowing where she is going and without court ordder or my concent? please help me with this.
She is the child's mother - she is free to go to another state with the child until you take action to stop it.

You need to file for divorce and request temporary custody due to her intention of leaving the state. Courts routinely grant orders that the child must not be moved out of state until a final decree is issued, but it's not automatic. You must ask for it.

Adultery is not an issue in getting a divorce in Nevada - you will most commonly get a divorce in NV with the grounds of irreconcilable differences.

I would recommend that you seek out an attorney and file for divorce and custody right away-preferably before she leaves.

Last edited:

jac720

She is the child's mother - she is free to go to another state with the child until you take action to stop it.

You need to file for divorce and request temporary custody due to her intention of leaving the state. Courts routinely grant orders that the child must not be moved out of state until a final decree is issued, but it's not automatic. You must ask for it.

Adultery is not an issue in getting a divorce in Nevada - you will most commonly get a divorce in NV with the grounds of irreconcilable differences.

I would recommend that you seek out an attorney and file for divorce and custody right away-preferably before she leaves.

Ok. I understand what your saying, I think, but would it have any difference if it took place in a nother state and this is where I reside now, or does it only matter on what state you are filling in?

mistoffolees

Ok. I understand what your saying, I think, but would it have any difference if it took place in a nother state and this is where I reside now, or does it only matter on what state you are filling in?
You file wherever you meet the residency requirements. Look up the residency requirements for your state and if you meet them, you can file for divorce.

Filing for child custody is appropriately done where the child's residence is.

If it's a complex situation (i.e, the two states are not the same), you should see an attorney. Actually, I'd recommend that you see an attorney, anyway, but especially if the situation is complex.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">