• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
My daughter 7 is in chicago and I am located in geogia.I had my child at 17 I was a ward of the state chicago. My daughter was raised int he foster home with me. Her dad didnt want anything to do with my child. I raised her untill she was three. In 2004 I came across her dad and he became active in her life. In that same year in july we signed the paternity ackknwlegement form and did a last name change. WE were never married. My daughter remained in my custody. IN 2006 I informed her dad that I was moving to Georgia, he insisted that my child stay behind with him and do a semester of school. I agreed and we agreed that in june 2007 I would come to chicago to pick my daughter up.During the school year my daughter was actually in the custody of her paternal grandmother and going to school in country club hills ill.When june came I wasnt able to go get her but her dad informed me he would bring her int he upcoming weeks. He never did. In september I went to chicago and had to get the police involved to escourt my daughter from her grandmothers house.I brought my daughter back to georgia put her in school. She was with me a week her dad came and got her with the police with a order that he obtained after I left chicago stating I could not leave illinois with my child, he made it a restraining order also. nothing ever said that he had custody because all he did was file chid support. I never signed over any rights or gave up any rights. I do not know what to do. He was 2 other children not in his home. I do have another child by my fiancee. I looked over the court documents and saw that all he did was file child support he does not have custody. Do I have the right to go and get my daughter. He runs an escort service and the girls reside with him and my child in his home.


Senior Member
it sounds like kiddo has been with dad over a year...you should definitely consult an attorney

check your messages in your profile

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential