• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wgr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio

I had a disability claim at work short term medical. The claim was denied 10/08/09 but did not get letter about this until Nov 18,2009 Was told could appeal decision and send in documentation to have them go over as have now a new Doctor that saw Oct 20,2009 After the first denial. The appeal was denied. A case closed, as received disability pay have to pay it back. Spoke to HR person unable to do anything but had appeals person that I could speak with called. He would not listen and after sometime and a direct question, asked if review anything the new doctor sent and from his lack of no answer believe they never looked at anything past the first decision of denial in Oct 08,2009 He told me to take court action under ERISA Section 502(a). Not sure of this taking the company to court. Has anyone used this court action to assist with a claim. As stated in the begining I need HELP Thanks please respond

swalsh411

You need to tell is why your claim was denied. If it was denied for a valid reason then going to a different doctor probably won't help, nor will suing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">