• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Madam, I assure you that his arrests and deportation are NOT because his green-card expired. If you need me to explain why, I would be happy to do so.

You need an attorney. Frankly, you can't afford to not have an attorney.
He's mentally unstable. Thinks the world is flat that we live under a done under water and that space doesn't exist. He tries to teach my son this
Prove that he's a danger to your son. Prove it to a court.

Just Blue

I will say that I agree with most of you that responded...but! the way OP is writing ...seems a bit (very) PTSD to me.

ajkroy

What the OP fails to realize is that by creating a distance between parents, that will necessitate a long-distance parenting plan. Such plans usually allow for long periods of uninterrupted time with the non-custodial parent.

Personally, I'd want to live on the same street so my kid would be nearby.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
PTSD or not, this OP needs to understand that she cannot un-father her child any more than we can un-mother the child.

He has a father. His father has constitutionally-protected rights. It's time to deal with reality.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
What the OP fails to realize is that by creating a distance between parents, that will necessitate a long-distance parenting plan. Such plans usually allow for long periods of uninterrupted time with the non-custodial parent.

Personally, I'd want to live on the same street so my kid would be nearby.
That's an excellent point. Keep your friends close, and all that.

Just Blue

PTSD or not, this OP needs to understand that she cannot un-father her child any more than we can un-mother the child.

He has a father. His father has constitutionally-protected rights. It's time to deal with reality.
I know.

Mass_Shyster

Then I suggest that you sit back and wait for the outcome of that case. If he gets deported you can live wherever you like.
That could be an awful long wait.

I've got a client who was convicted in 2008, and received a Notice to Appear (the first step in a deportation proceeding) in 2009. He was ordered removed in 2010, and again in 2011 (he appealed the first order). From 2011 until last month, he was out an about on a Order of Supervision.

LdiJ

That could be an awful long wait.

I've got a client who was convicted in 2008, and received a Notice to Appear (the first step in a deportation proceeding) in 2009. He was ordered removed in 2010, and again in 2011 (he appealed the first order). From 2011 until last month, he was out an about on a Order of Supervision.
I no longer care, since she made her rude comment to Red.

Illiari

If you would really like help you need to be open to advice. Even advice that doesn't tell you what you want to hear. Many of the members of FA have assisted DV survivors. Do not misdirect the anger you feel to us. :)
I am misdirecting. Just would like constructive

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">