• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need of some advice for Paypal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donjohn2001

Hello, I am new here and I appreciate everything in advance.

So I have a problem

I have 4k in a paypal account. It was limited so I waited 180 Days.
After the 180 days I went to withdraw. Shortly after withdrawal paypal locked me out of my account fully. I cannot log in. And they withdrawal was cancelled.

I spoke with the rep and she said I have to contact paypals legal team. (gave me address)

Basically heres my question...Is there anywhere on the paypal user agreement that gives them the right to keep anybodies money?

If not what can I do?

Thank you guys so much in advance!

quincy

I dont understand what I read....not sure if its a disease
Confusing, was it? :)

Essentially, PayPal can under some circumstances hold your money. There are several possible reasons they might have for limiting your account access.

If you read through the information in the second link I provided, it tells you what to do if access to your funds has been restricted.

If PayPal's representative told you to contact PayPal's legal department, that is probably what you should do - unless you fear you might have committed a crime. In that case, you should speak to your own attorney first.

Good luck.

Dandy Don

Getting an attorney to help you is your best option. If you also have a friend who is fairly savvy and who understands English, ask that person to read the information and explain it to you.

quincy

Getting an attorney to help you is your best option. If you also have a friend who is fairly savvy and who understands English, ask that person to read the information and explain it to you.
The latter is probably not great advice. For a fuller explanation, donjohn should have an attorney in his area tell him what it all means.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">