• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

erbe

Hello Everyone,
I am a social worker,and I worked with teen dads. One of my clients was accused of a sex crime, a CPS report was filed by the school. However, he was never interviwed by the police or any other agency. His lawyer told him that the case was closed.
My client whats to attend school a pursue a Criminal Justice career and get in to a law enforcement.
In your opinion, Do you think this event would have a negative impact on his future? He doesn't a criminal record at all. Do you think is wise for him to follow this type of career? How about a background investigation, would a law enforcement agancy find out??
Thank you for your time.

E

erbe

Send a response pleased??
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by erbe:
Hello Everyone,
I am a social worker,and I worked with teen dads. One of my clients was accused of a sex crime, a CPS report was filed by the school. However, he was never interviwed by the police or any other agency. His lawyer told him that the case was closed.
My client whats to attend school a pursue a Criminal Justice career and get in to a law enforcement.
In your opinion, Do you think this event would have a negative impact on his future? He doesn't a criminal record at all. Do you think is wise for him to follow this type of career? How about a background investigation, would a law enforcement agancy find out??
Thank you for your time.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by erbe:
Hello Everyone,
Thank you for your time.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

If the case was closed, it was probably due to lack of evidence. Since there was no arrest or conviction, I rather doubt this will impede his lofty, and laudable, goals.

Some of the best cops and judges we've ever had started off as thugs, misfits, gang members and other various criminalities. Tell him to keep his head above water, and his body on this side of the law, and he should be just fine.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

C

calibsmom

In this area, cps is required to review an accepted report within 24 hours. They have 30 days (I think) to close a case or take further action. The subject receives a letter indicating an open investigation and another declaring the report unfounded, if applicable. These files, both founded and unfounded are kept in the central registry and are only relaeased upon completion of a clearance form, usually for work in child care, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">