• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I parked on a street in NJ on a Thursday btw two signs.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sine2000

I parked on a street in West New York, NJ on a Thursday morning btw two signs. Following the direction of the street, the 1st sign states "No parking on Wed and Fri". The 2nd sign states "Residents parking permit only from 9 am to noon, Mon-Fri". The 2nd sign is not conspicuous, is placed next to trees and covered by a lot of leaves. I did not see the 2nd sign, and got a ticket for violated "residential parking only". My question is : Should the first sign be valid until the 2nd sign's location? What's my chance of ticket being dismissed from the court?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I parked on a street in West New York, NJ on a Thursday morning btw two signs. Following the direction of the street, the 1st sign states "No parking on Wed and Fri". The 2nd sign states "Residents parking permit only from 9 am to noon, Mon-Fri". The 2nd sign is not conspicuous, is placed next to trees and covered by a lot of leaves. I did not see the 2nd sign, and got a ticket for violated "residential parking only". My question is : Should the first sign be valid until the 2nd sign's location? What's my chance of ticket being dismissed from the court?
The two signs are not exclusive of each other.

sine2000

The two signs are not exclusive of each other.
Thx for the reply. But should the first sign be valid until the 2nd sign's location even they are not exclusive of each other? Also, the 2nd sign is hidden and hard to be seen from the sidewalk. Do I have a good chance to get my ticket dismissed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">