• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I posted this last night just wanting 2 see if any new people have some ideas.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beth_parr

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Michigan

Boyfriend has 5yr old son. hasn't seen him since he was 6 weeks old.
the mom took the son out of the state years ago and ignored court orders demanding she return him. she has been running and moving constantly ever since. Her family has been helping her.

Last month we find she has moved back to MI to her mom's house and she now has 3 kids. my boyfriends son being the oldest. grandma says she got in a fight with the mom and hasn't spoken to her since may

last week cops show up at our door. mom has been arrested for driving stolen car with kids in the back seat. kids taken in to protective custody.

CPS gave kids to grandma, since mom is in jail and grandma has power of attorney that dosen't expire till aug 24th due to a previous time that mom was in jail and grandma was careing for the kids.
we are also told that mom was charged with neglect for leaving kids alone all day back in 2003 in the state of Colorado. Grandma got them and gave them right back to mom.

Cps hands are tied because kids not in direct harm.
tells us to file for emergency custody, till they can figure some way around all this and get kids out of there.

Mom bonds out of jail to everyones suprise even to CPS. Mom might have taken kids from grandmas house as of this past saturday. still waiting to hear back from CPS to find out if they know where the kids are.

My boyfriend and I have 3 kids, 8yrs, 2yrs, and 5months. have own house with room for son, doing ok financially, have small savings, but live check to check. boyfriend has past criminal history nothing too bad just some stupid stuff he did in his 20s. but is on probation for domestic violence. a argument that turned into a push and shove. No big deal. But he has been in counseling for past year. I have no criminal history at all and only one speeding ticket ever.
we have never had any problems with our kids, no investigations or anything bad. Oldest does great in school.

Grandma might try to get custody. is very well off. around 50yrs of age, married. But lost her own kids after being proven unfit don't know exactly why. grandma also has relationship with son. we have none. we don't even know if son knows about us. we are very willing to keep a relationship with sons mom and family, we know it's important.

any help please

beth

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">