• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i quit and cant get my last paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abbyroad

What is the name of your state? maine
my past employer of 2 months has refused to send me my last paycheck of 2 weeks of work i did for them. i quit during my 90 day trial period. i am due this money my check was written and not sent to me and they refuse to tell me why or have any contact with me as to why it has not been sent. what legal action do i need to take to get my check

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are talking about time you actually worked, the state of Maine mandates that this be released to you on the next regular payday after your last day of work OR within two weeks of demand, whichever is earlier.

If you are talking about notice time which you did not work, they are not legally bound to pay you for this at all. They do not owe you anything for time beyond the last day that you worked.

If this is actually worked time, and if it has gone beyond the limits mentioned above, contact the Maine Department of Labor, Wage and Hour division, and file a complaint with them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">