• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I ran and turn my self in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jme77mjs

I got caught with meth in 2015 and then I got put on probabation and I got a pv I took off for 2 years. I got a job in Washington I have had my job for a year now and a place for 2 years and my kids. We live in Washington but I got into trouble in Idaho I turned my self in and my public defender said I might have to go on a 6 month rider but will the judge let me get a interstate compact because I'm doing good or will he send me for a 6 month rider

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That was probably the best thing to do. Please feel free to respond to this thread with more information and your question.

jme77mjs

I have a job in Washington and my family and I'm doing awesome do u think the judge will let me go back or agree with the processutor

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have a job in Washington and my family and I'm doing awesome do u think the judge will let me go back or agree with the processutor
I'm sorry, but there's really no way we can predict what a judge may (or may not) do. You would do well to consult with your attorney about this matter.

quincy

I got caught with meth in 2015 and then I got put on probabation and I got a pv I took off for 2 years. I got a job in Washington I have had my job for a year now and a place for 2 years and my kids. We live in Washington but I got into trouble in Idaho I turned my self in and my public defender said I might have to go on a 6 month rider but will the judge let me get a interstate compact because I'm doing good or will he send me for a 6 month rider
Did you violate the terms of your probation before leaving Idaho - or was leaving Idaho the probation violation?

Last edited:

quincy

It was in Idaho and yes I did that's why I came back
Thanks for answering my question.

You went back to Idaho when you learned there was a warrant for your arrest, or were you arrested in Washington on the warrant?

What was your probation violation in Idaho?

It is impossible to know what the judge in Idaho will decide to do. It can depend on how you first violated your probation in Idaho (what offense you committed). Leaving the state was a second violation.

Certainly having a job and a home and a family in Washington works in favor of having your case transferred. Whether it is enough to have your case transferred is a question mark.

It is good that you have an attorney working for you.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Thanks for answering my question.

You went back to Utah when you learned there was a warrant for your arrest, or were you arrested in Washington on the warrant?

What was your probation violation in Utah?

It is impossible to know what the judge in Utah will decide to do. It can depend on how you first violated your probation in Utah (what offense you committed). Leaving the state was a second violation.

Certainly having a job and a home and a family in Washington works in favor of having your case transferred. Whether it is enough to have your case transferred is a question mark.

It is good that you have an attorney working for you.
Q...Where are you getting Utah from? OP committed the crime in ID and took off to WA State.

Just Blue

I got Utah from my rich imagination, that's where! :p

(I will edit my posts to replace all my "Utahs" with "Idahos")
You so seldom (almost never) make a mistake I read OP's postings 4x to make sure I wasn't missing something. :D

quincy

You so seldom (almost never) make a mistake I read OP's postings 4x to make sure I wasn't missing something. :D
Haha. :)

I sometimes do not read posts as carefully as I should but I have no idea how I could mistake Idaho for Utah, especially when jme77mjs even repeated his state name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">