• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I really liked this article

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zddoodah

Short answer: A step-child (although, not in this case).
Longer answer: Read the article for context.
Didn't realize previously that the "article" was so short. The fact that this woman is referring to her boyfriend's kid as any sort of "daughter" or to herself as any sort of "mom" is maddening (notwithstanding the good intentions behind not letting kid refer to her as "mom").

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Didn't realize previously that the "article" was so short. The fact that this woman is referring to her boyfriend's kid as any sort of "daughter" or to herself as any sort of "mom" is maddening (notwithstanding the good intentions behind not letting kid refer to her as "mom").
Agreed - it's a more understandable situation when the parties are married, but not just boyfriend/girlfriend.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I agree. Dating 6 months is different from being actually married.

LdiJ

When I said "parents" I was referring to the attitudes of mom and dad primarily. The girlfriend was taking her cues from the good/sensible coparenting relationship between the two actual parents. The fact that she was also being sensible herself was a bonus on top of that.

Just Blue

When I said "parents" I was referring to the attitudes of mom and dad primarily. The girlfriend was taking her cues from the good/sensible coparenting relationship between the two actual parents. The fact that she was also being sensible herself was a bonus on top of that.
I know what you meant...and agree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">