• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I screwed up with ins claims adjuster?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gwb2323

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana
I was hit on drivers side from door to bumper. Private property. The other guys Ins has accepted responsibility for the accident. I’ve collected a property damage check.
My question is what do I do? Stupid me let the Ins company who called record me and I told her “I was not hurt”
After I said that I realized that I messed up and said “what INS company are you mine or the guys who hit me”.
I then told her that I was having back pain and I had a appointment the next day.
I have multiple back and neck injuries.
Do I still have a case even though I said (at first) that I wasn’t injured?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Do I still have a case even though I said (at first) that I wasn’t injured?
If you were actually injured in the accident you may pursue compensation for those injuries. Obviously if you were not injured but claim that you were that opens up the possibility of fraud charges, and you don't want to go there. Certainly your statement that you were not injured might be used against you, but what effect that has depends on when the statement was made and the nature of your injuries. Some motor vehicle accident injuries are not apparent immediately after the accident. I suggest you consult a personal injury lawer ASAP for help before you make any further statements that might damage your case.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This person wasn't talking to the other party's insurance adjuster immediately (or even a day or two) after the accident. The OP was talking to who he thought was his insurance company and told the truth, then tried to backtrack when he realized it was the at-fault party's insurance adjuster. The OP is, in my opinion, trying to figure out how to commit fraud.

adjusterjack

Stupid me let the Ins company who called record me and I told her “I was not hurt”
After I said that I realized that I messed up and said “what INS company are you mine or the guys who hit me”.
I then told her that I was having back pain and I had a appointment the next day.
IN THE SAME RECORDED INTERVIEW you first said you weren't injured and then, on finding out that it was the other driver's insurance company, you said you were injured.

That is going to be very difficult to overcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">