• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I strongly believe my ex-son-in-law and his new wife are trying to alienate the grand kids and children of their mother against us

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi Zigner, A person at Washington County Courthouse did tell me I could write a letter to the judge??? I was thinking about calling the ADA to see what they say. I believe my husband and I are somewhat legally involved, but were never asked if we wanted to be my daughter's supervisors (this was just put in the mediation papers). We were also included in the driving (much longer distance) that will be hard on us. We were also told that we could visit the grandchildren once a month. I did a chart about this and it would cost over $800 a month to do this (hotel plus more). I believe her ex was told by his lawyer to do this. His lawyer also wrote up that, "It is not his job to drive". The grand kids are constantly saying, "It is not daddy's job to drive". The ex is just trying to get out of any driving or extra duties to help out. I am afraid that the grand kids will be learning by example, which is not good.
This.
Is.
Not.
Your.
Legal.
Concern.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Could someone please remind me of the state (I can't seem to find it now...)?

OP - if Mom created the distance, then Dad is correct - it's *not* his job to drive. OP, perhaps it would be more cost effective for Mom/you to exercise her parenting time closer to Dad? Gas, hotel, meals would likely be less than the drive...

commentator

Thought it was Minnesota from some of the dialogue, but you're right, it's never been clear. But in the meantime, GEM GEM. If your daughter is a person who has in the past been functional and has a college degree as you say and is a smart person, this just makes it all the clearer what we are telling you. BUTT OUT!!!!!

You're saying, "My daughter won't let me see the papers....." which is a pretty big clue for you here. Your daughter is not really needing all this legal advice, if she was, she'd be on here herself. NO ONE is going to listen to you or let you have control of this situation. NO, do not write the judge a letter it is a total waste of your time and mental energy and I assure you no one will ever want to read it. If you want to help your daughter, and/or your grandchildren, give her money for a good attorney. Then hush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">