• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i think i hit a man got ticket FL/[email protected]

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

melissaats

Help.A man was walking on the sidewalk as i was waiting to turn right.I had pulled up past the sidewalk to see the road.looking to the left for cars i see its clear and start to go i see this man and stop i just gave it alittle gas i dont know if i hit him or scared him and he fell.The cops keeped telling me find your DL,Ins,Reg not giving me time,and three diff cops saying move your truck.I was also tring to take care of my 4yr son.So if i didnt have a answer for something they made one for me saying i changed my story after i got everything together and had time to think.

C

cdcard

Dear melissaats:
Since you didn't have any specific questions, let me address some possibilities. You have to decide whether to fight the ticket or not. If you don't understand the ticket, you may want to consult with a local attorney who can tell you what the charges are and the ramifications of those charges. You will probably also be sued by the pedestrian, especially if the police report shows you to be at fault. If you are sued or even just contacted by the pedestrian or the pedestrian's representative, you should IMMEDIATELY notify your car insurance company if you have liability coverage. (I presume your liability policy has a provision in it for that insurer to indemnify and defend you in a suit or claim?; read your policy if in doubt.) If you don't have liability coverage, you should immediately talk to a local attorney who can defend you. Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">