• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I thought it was paid off....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tklein75

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
I paid it off 2 months ago and now they say that the girl made a mistake and we still owe 800...is this legal?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
I paid it off 2 months ago and now they say that the girl made a mistake and we still owe 800...is this legal?
What is It? Do you have a contract for it? What does the contract for it say? Why do you think you should get a discount for it just because of a clerical error?

tklein75

It is a car and I do have a contract. It is not that detailed of a contract since it is from a buy here, pay here lot. I called the place the night before to get the payoff since I knew that I was getting a paycut soon and wouldn't be able to afford the monthly payments. I had the money at the time and if they would have told me the correct amount I would have paid it but now it is already spent on other bills. Are receipts no longer any good? I have a reciept that says I paid it off in good faith.

Antigone*

People sometimes make mistakes. You have a contract to pay a certain amount and at the time that debt if fully paid you will receive clear title.

You still have a balance - don't expect to get the title until the balance is paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">