• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Violated One Of The Terms Of My Unsupervised Probation in Gilbert, AZ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arbman85

ARIZONA:

My husband and I had a major altercation. I was arrested. They released me on UNSUPERVISED probation.

One of the stipulations is that I cannot communicate with him, except by text or email, and ONLY to communicate about our children. We are divorcing.

He has repeatedly texted or emailed me and on many occasions has been successful in getting me off topic in our text communications. (Communicating about other things besides our children which is against the rules of my probation. I might add there are serious consequences to breaking the rules)

I stopped communicating with him except for our children.

He now is threatening to turn screenshots of the text threads into the prosecutor.

My question is this: should I be frightened? Am I in danger of being arrested again? Or would the judicial system pass on this since it wasn't so bad and the communication has ended? Please help.

arbman85

It could depend on the content of the off topic communications.
He would beg me to "let's work on our marriage." Sometimes we would get in arguments in the text messages and he would call me horrible names Sometimes I retaliated in anger as well. However, I finally cut him off about "cold" about two weeks ago. I told him the only way I would communicate going forward is through the Parent Talk app. He is still trying to get me into off topic conversations but I have not compromised anymore. I only talk to him about our child.

quincy

He would beg me to "let's work on our marriage." Sometimes we would get in arguments in the text messages and he would call me horrible names Sometimes I retaliated in anger as well. However, I finally cut him off about "cold" about two weeks ago. I told him the only way I would communicate going forward is through the Parent Talk app. He is still trying to get me into off topic conversations but I have not compromised anymore. I only talk to him about our child.
Do you have the chain of texts and emails to show who initiated the off topic conversations and who first provoked the arguments?

I can't tell you what the prosecutor will do. I can't tell you there is no reason to worry. I can only advise that you think hard from now on before committing anything to writing.

Good luck.

arbman85

Do you have the chain of texts and emails to show who initiated the off topic conversations and who first provoked the arguments?

I can't tell you what the prosecutor will do. I can't tell you there is no reason to worry. I can only advise that you think hard from now on before committing anything to writing.

Good luck.
Thank you. I have saved all texts messages with him. Also, ever since I cut off conversation with him (sans Parent Talk app) I have been disciplined with my communication with him. I feel like the older the text thread gets the less likely the prosecutor would be inclined to bring me back in.

quincy

Thank you. I have saved all texts messages with him. Also, ever since I cut off conversation with him (sans Parent Talk app) I have been disciplined with my communication with him. I feel like the older the text thread gets the less likely the prosecutor would be inclined to bring me back in.
I think your assessment of how the prosecutor will react to the text chain is probably correct.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">