• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want my childrens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MomaBear

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was in an abusive relationship with my soon to be ex-husband for 14 years. We have three childrens together 15,13,9. I was the sole bread winner at house as well, while he sat at home anc drink all day long, I was very afraid of him, for years he had threaten me. In 99 I decided I had enough and left with the intentions on coming back a week later to pick up my childrens..He said to me that I cannot have them, if I even try to that he will do something to me. He and my childrens reside in Florida..I support my childrens, and they come for the summer to stay with me. He has manipulated my childrens in a way that they do not want to stay with me. Every summer they come up to visit with me for summer vacation.This summer, I ask them if they want to stay with me, the 13 yrs old said yes Mom next year, and the 9 yr old said that he wanted to stay with me.. The 15 yr old don't. I was so happy that they wanted to stay with me, I was gonna leave the 9 yr old with me, but as soon as he told his dad over the phone that he was gonna stay. He must of told him something , cause he then changed his mind...Neither my ex- or I have gone to court to fight for custody. But I miss them so much and I want them to be with me..Not to mention my ex- has a 19 year old girlfriend who had his child recently. And I'm also afraid of my girls upbringing. What are my chances in having my childrens live with me ? Also what could he had done my ex to me if I left my 9 yr old with me ?

JaneyS4

First of all, its children, with no s. Sorry, no offense, but that is driving me nuts. Sounds like Mammie in "Gone with the Wind".

Now, if my correcting your grammer didn't totally piss you off, and I hope it didn't....Is there any sort of court ordered custody? Papers signed by a judge?

Grace_Adler

ROTFLMAO! I'm sorry but that was funny!

Anyway, If you don't have any court orders for custody, like Janey said, I would call the the magistrates in FL and TX and ask when the kids come visit with you if they can stay with you permantly. I'm pretty sure they can. Then I would go to the courthouse, or a lawyer, and file for custody. Then, if you're paying child support, I'd file a motion to have it terminated on the children that are planning on living with you. Then I'd go open up my own case for child support in TX for the kids that are going to live with you. Finally I would have some sort of visitation plan set up.

M

MomaBear

Janey, no I did not take offend. No we have no court ordered custody.

JaneyS4

Then just like Grace just told you, next time your kids come to visit, just keep them and go file for custody.

JaneyS4

Grace_Adler said:
ROTFLMAO! I'm sorry but that was funny!
Heh,:eek: Most of the time that stuff doesn't bother me but that one had me picturing a large black woman with a rag kerchief on her head going "yessir, massa, yessir"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">