• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want my refund!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? California

I will try to keep this simple...

I paid $200 to a sports organization as a bond to insure officials were paid for games. This bond was to be refunded on request at the end of the season or carried over to the next season.
After the end of the season I have so far made 2 written requests for this refund as well as email contact with the league VP. After 4 months have yet to get a response from the league president (the business owner) who is the person that collected the money and is responsible for the refund.

If I must go to court, I assume small claims is the best way to go... however I have since moved and am now 3 hours away from the county I would have to file in. Is there another more convenient option I could use?

Also, it is clearly documented in the league publications that this money is refundable and I do have copies of it... but if I must file a claim in court, what exactly would my claim be?

One last thing, is there any way that I can make this person obligated to pay any kind of interest on the money being withheld from me? Anyhting of that sort might prompt him to send the refund and keep it out of court.

Thanks for any input!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential