• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want out of a BAD CONTRACT!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

betsy

I signed a contract in October 99 with UCC, a club that cliams to save its members money on common home purchases. The membership fees are high, but I thought it would be worth it. I WANT OUT! I've already given them $1600 or more of my hard-earned cash for little to no benefit, and the company they've "sold" my debt to says it's a "non-cancellable" contract. How can they force me to be a member in a club I no longer want to be a member of? I've sent them very nice letters asking to please be released from my membership, but they won't respond. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE MY FINANCES ARE RUINED BY THIS SCAM?

JETX

First, no one in this group can give you a definitive answer since we are not privy to the contract that you entered.

So, my suggestion is to read the contract. There must be some term (length) of the contract. When does it expire? Also, is there a cancellation clause. If so, excercise it!

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">