• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i want to leave my house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i am 17 years old, i live in colorado. my father kicked me out of his house and sent me to live with my mother in november. my mother has full custody of me. i want to leave the house. i am ready to move out. i am attending school and i have a good paying job. i work roughly 25 hours a week. i have found a place that i can afford and be on my own. my mom's house isn't so bad but i find it hard to deal with my stepdad. we constantly fight over petty things and i am tired of feeling like a guest in my house. i have not been allowed to unpack anything but my clothes. can i just leave, and get my place without my mom's consent? i won't be 18 until november. what should i do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential