• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was a dum@55 then

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?AZ. The story goes like this. About 4 years ago I landed my 1st DUI in CA. I was cooperating on that and had moved to Oregon about a year later. While in Oregon I landed two more DUI's and all the fun charges associated with moving violations. This all happened within the 1st 6 months of living in OR. Well I freaked out in my intoxicated delusions and ran. I know now that I had a serious problem and could have killed an entire family. I have almost completed college now and am a completely different person now. I am ready to deal with the charges now but am lost as to what they are doing. I cant find anything in the http://www.orcourtsonline.com/ that says DUII. There are 2 different circuit court files with reckless driving misdemeanor charges that say
1 "Reckless Driving ORS 811140 03/13/02 03/13/02 Accusatory Instrument Filed 04/09/02 "

Date Event ID Event, Filing, or Proceeding
03/22/02 1 Citation
03/22/02 2 Arraignment
04/09/02 3 Complaint
04/09/02 4 Accusatory Instrument Filed
04/09/02 5 Closed

My question is, are they dropping DUII's to reckless charges, or is this in addition to the DUII's. Last is what does the "Accusatory Instrument Filed" mean? Also any suggestions on how to turn myself in would be helpfull too.


Junior Member

My research shows it varies.In one case a charge was reduced when the "acusatory instrument" alleged...they proceed to describe.In your case the accusatory instrument was filed,probably due to your absense,thus therefore you probably have been convicted with no reduction,although it does say reckless..it could be added..I'd have to study law in oregon to be certain.The only way I know to turn yourself in is to return to the precinct or county correctional facility you were originally arrested.Turning yourself in elsewhere they may hold you and offer you to the original state but they may not pursue if there is a significant distance.You would be doing the next right thing but if you should not ,avoid arrests,especially in Oregan cause you can be considered a flight risk.JUST POSSIBILITIES
Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential