• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was a victim in a felony menacing case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MS>K

I was a victim in a felony menacing case
I reside In Denver Colorado and I'm a 47 YEAR OLD FEMALE I was a in home health care provider and upon returning to work on March 11, 2016 at 930 am, the gentleman I was helping with had hit and held a gun to my head. Since this date I have suffered from major panic attacks and cant return to any job that I had previously of this day. I have daily suffered from memory loss. I have to journal daily on what has transpired previously from the morning I wake do to I am returning to the time this incident happened. So for 2 yrs I have little to no recollection of my life. I have case number for victims advocate that I found in my google drive photos and I need to know if I am still able to receive some kind of services Please Help Me with what steps I need to take and I will have a person be a power of attorney for me, Whether it be one of my children or a sibling or one that they select. I need help with counseling finances and a residence since I am no longer residing with family or my ex fiance. I have gone from self sufficient to a incapable to handle leaving a room that I sleep in What CAN I DO IF Time HAS Gone Passed The Statue Of Limitations What Programs Are There TO HELP ME OUT And Become Myself Again MS. K

FlyingRon

Alas, I don't think the state provides any sort of treatment services to victims. You can certainly ask the victims advocate for information on that.

As far as suing the perpetrator, you had two years to file a civil lawsuit (though unless the person had some assets to attach it probably would not have been fruitful to sue him anyhow). You're free to contact an attorney to see if he thinks there is a possibility of some positive outcome.

MS>K

I Thank You for your response to my question. I have put the information in my alerts to contact the organizations. Again I Thank You For The Info and Feedback. Have A Blessed Day !

quincy

I Thank You for your response to my question. I have put the information in my alerts to contact the organizations. Again I Thank You For The Info and Feedback. Have A Blessed Day !
I appreciate the thanks, MS>K, and hope you have s good day, as well. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">