• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i was attacked because i had drugs on me - help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

.*xtalia

What is the name of your state? Australia NSW

So i was walking home after a night out. I don’t take drugs at all, but in a club i found a baggie of coke on the floor and picked it up and kept it. On my way home these two guys started randomly talking to me, and asked me if i had any drugs. I said yes and said they could buy it off me, and showed them it. They didn’t have any money so i didn’t give it to them, but they followed me about half way home before they attacked me and tried to take my bag in hope of getting the drugs. i’m fine and they didn’t manage to take anything, but i did report it to the police. i’m worried that the police will see from CCTV that i showed them the drugs i had and i get prosecuted myself. Or that if they find my attackers, they’ll just says i was on drugs etc. Can anyone help with what my risks are? the police have asked me to go in and make a statement and i’m so nervous in case they find out the reason the boys attacked me is because of the drugs. Any advise much appreciated! PS i’m 19 years old and no criminal record at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">