• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was purposely put on a bed with bed bugs, I know gross!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?FL

I recently went over to a friend's home that had a room mate that seemed pretty normal. Was in the military and seemed very proper and kind. I ended up getting really tired and he offered for me to sleep in his bed. I did just because I was falling asleep and just wanted to sleep. It didn't look clean in there but I assumed the bed he offered was CLEAN from disgusting bugs.
Anyway this freak was up looking at me closely twice and some up up because I felt someone over me. I'm not sure if he was trying to get the bugs off of me or watching them in enjoyment. Very terrifying.
I now have a horribly painful rash all over. I'm so worried on how to proceed. He is actually a cook at a local restaurant that I love worked at.. Working with food that people are eating... And sleeping with bed bugs that are really bad. Something needs to be done because this was very disturbing. He is the one that suggested I sleep on that bed! It must have been intentional and it's just sick.

Just Blue

I recently went over to a friend's home that had a room mate that seemed pretty normal. Was in the military and seemed very proper and kind. I ended up getting really tired and he offered for me to sleep in his bed. I did just because I was falling asleep and just wanted to sleep. It didn't look clean in there but I assumed the bed he offered was CLEAN from disgusting bugs.
Anyway this freak was up looking at me closely twice and some up up because I felt someone over me. I'm not sure if he was trying to get the bugs off of me or watching them in enjoyment. Very terrifying.
I now have a horribly painful rash all over. I'm so worried on how to proceed. He is actually a cook at a local restaurant that I love worked at.. Working with food that people are eating... And sleeping with bed bugs that are really bad. Something needs to be done because this was very disturbing. He is the one that suggested I sleep on that bed! It must have been intentional and it's just sick.
The bite will heal in short order. Don't sleep there again. The bedbugs will NOT travel to the restaurant and jump into the food he is preparing.

The bite will heal in short order. Don't sleep there again. The bedbugs will NOT travel to the restaurant and jump into the food he is preparing.
Are you sure about that? I've had customers saying they thought the outside bar had bed bugs living IN it. These people around here are disgusting

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Or, gee, maybe he was checking that you were okay?

Have you been to a doctor to deal wit hthe rash? Did the doctor tell you it is from bed bugs?

TigerD

Thank you for sharing. What is your legal question?

paddywakk

I'm not so sure they don't travel...there was a cinema in a northern CA town that somehow got infested with bedbugs. Of course, they denied it until the local paper reported on the pest service that treated the theater, and they had to be closed for a day or so. They won't get in the food, but they could infest the restaurant.

quincy

I'm not so sure they don't travel...there was a cinema in a northern CA town that somehow got infested with bedbugs. Of course, they denied it until the local paper reported on the pest service that treated the theater, and they had to be closed for a day or so. They won't get in the food, but they could infest the restaurant.
Bed bugs DO travel. They don’t fly but they can (and do) hitch rides on people’s clothing and belongings (e.g., furniture).

Dandy Don

Is this a "friend" that you are willing to stop having all contact with him? If you mentioned the situation about the bedbugs to him, I get the impression he would go ballistic and perhaps become violent towards you.

You are not covering the real hazard. Bed bugs and their hundreds of eggs cling to any clothing that is in his room. If you have bed bugs, you have to put the clothes you are intending to wear, in the drier set on high for half an hour, take a shower and wash your hair and put the clothes on immediately before leaving the house. Then MAYBE you won't carry any with you. By the way, they may have come with you in your purse. Without precautions he can carry the eggs in on any clothes or shoes to the restaurant. Eggs falling off on to the floor can then be picked up by anyone's shoes who come there. They will carry them home where they will hatch and within 2 weeks they will be adults and start biting you while you sleep. By the way, if you have bed bugs they are almost impossible to get rid of even with an exterminator. Using an exterminator with spray will have to come back at least 2 more times, so get a guarantee. Other exterminators will enclose your house with plastic and then super-heat it. They will kill them all including the eggs the first time but I'd be concerned about a lot of things that could melt at high temperatures. (I thought I had them once, after someone with bed bugs came to my house without telling me. Praise Jesus, He killed any that came in. You find those things and you might as well burn the house down because they can get into any wood, like door frames. Yuck.

quincy

You are not covering the real hazard. Bed bugs and their hundreds of eggs cling to any clothing that is in his room. If you have bed bugs, you have to put the clothes you are intending to wear, in the drier set on high for half an hour, take a shower and wash your hair and put the clothes on immediately before leaving the house. Then MAYBE you won't carry any with you. By the way, they may have come with you in your purse. Without precautions he can carry the eggs in on any clothes or shoes to the restaurant. Eggs falling off on to the floor can then be picked up by anyone's shoes who come there. They will carry them home where they will hatch and within 2 weeks they will be adults and start biting you while you sleep. By the way, if you have bed bugs they are almost impossible to get rid of even with an exterminator. Using an exterminator with spray will have to come back at least 2 more times, so get a guarantee. Other exterminators will enclose your house with plastic and then super-heat it. They will kill them all including the eggs the first time but I'd be concerned about a lot of things that could melt at high temperatures. (I thought I had them once, after someone with bed bugs came to my house without telling me. Praise Jesus, He killed any that came in. You find those things and you might as well burn the house down because they can get into any wood, like door frames. Yuck.
The expert on bed bugs who was interviewed by NBC (see the link provided earlier) explains well what needs to be done to get rid of bedbugs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">