• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was secretly recorded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Teemcc72

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Nevada.
What do you do if a independent contractor secretly recorded a conversation between them and I, gave it to my client which resulted in them terminating my contracting and losing $50k in income. They told acquaintances that they recorded me on the phone with them and showed him, and he word for word repeated everything I said to them. How to I press charges? How do I prove it?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Was the conversation you had with them over the phone, or was it not? It makes a difference in your state.

quincy

What do you do if a independent contractor secretly recorded a conversation between them and I, gave it to my client which resulted in them terminating my contracting and losing $50k in income. They told acquaintances that they recorded me on the phone with them and showed him, and he word for word repeated everything I said to them. How to I press charges? How do I prove it?
In Nevada, only one party to a conversation needs to consent to the recording if it is an in-person conversation.

Here is a link to the laws (see 200.620 through 200.650):
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/nrs-200.html#NRS200Sec620There is a potential problem with the sharing of the contents of the recording, if the disclosure interfered with your client contract.

Proving that a call was recorded or that what was said to your client adversely affected your business relationship with the client would require witness testimony. It is not the recording that is the major problem for you. It is what was said to your client that led to the termination of the client's contract with you that is a possible problem.

Last edited:

Just Blue

What was said in the conversation that caused your client to fire you?

Teemcc72

It was on the phone. Telling the independent contractor just to be cautious with the person because I've known them 20+ years and they are not to be trusted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">