• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was terminated because of a workers comp claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shadow52

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Ok,I worked for a company over a year.
I was hurt at work and was told by a manager to go to urgent care.
I did,and the dr. immediately took me off of work and said I needed to go to therapy.
Anyway the dr. gave me a excuse slip to give to my employer.
After the employer received it he told me that if I wanted my job and make money I needed to go to work.
After tossing the idea around I decided to work.Well the injury of course got worse,and again I went to another dr. whom immediately took me off work also and set me up for therapy.
A few weeks went by and the workers comp. adjuster contacted me and sent me to their dr. whom also immediately took me off of work.
I did therapy 3 times a week for 5 weeks,and was then told that I needed to get the steroid shots {4 of them}.
In the mean time I received weekly payments and was then set to see the dr. for the state who gave me 5% disability.
I am still in pain and was told that I should not get those shots.
I am a hard worker and up until I was due to see the states dr. the employer called me every week asking me to come back to work and was told by them to tell the dr. that I am fine and to release me.
Well I was finally released from the dr. and was ready to go back to work when I notified my employer whom told me if I wanted to work for the company I would need to move to another state.
I explained to him that I could not afford it as I have not worked,and I have no money.I have sent numerous e-mails to have a "papertrail" and he has not responded other than me having to move.My last e-mail stated that I can assume I was terminated because of the workers comp claim.Of course no response.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

swalsh411

If there was no work available for you then you have no recourse other than to file for unemployment and look for another job.

shadow52

I was terminated

I understand that I should look for another job,and also understand that they have no work for me & collect unemployment.Thats not the issue.
I have spoke to other employees including managers and they told me they had plenty work and could not understand why I wasnt able to come back.
One employee stated that he heard that I claimed a workers comp claim and that I cannot come back because of that.
Why did the employer call me weekly before I seen the state dr. begging me to come to work and now he has no work for me?
Why am I being singled out?
They in fact hired 14 other employees after I was released by the state dr.
Something is wrong with this picture.

shadow52

Thank You "swalsh" for your info.
I have contacted texas workforce because of my monies the
company owes me on another issue.
They have notified the employer and are waiting for their response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">