• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was walking across the street and got hit by a car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1steventolsen

A year ago i was hit by a car while walking in a crosswalk and pedestrian light was green. I suffered a torn miniscus and neck injury. The ambulance bill is for 4900 and xrays at the hospital are 3800. Now i am working 2 days a week light duty only. I have been seeing a chiropracter ever since and referred to a knee surgeon. He said i require surgery on my left knee and will cost 70,000. I can get the surgery at the VA hospital done for free. In the meantime, my neck condition has improved immensely. Due to my poor financial condition, i will be evicted from my apartment on 2-15-20. I am 68 years old a nd now on social security. I live in the bay area which is extremely expensive. I need to settle asap. What should i do?

Just Blue

A year ago i was hit by a car while walking in a crosswalk and pedestrian light was green. I suffered a torn miniscus and neck injury. The ambulance bill is for 4900 and xrays at the hospital are 3800. Now i am working 2 days a week light duty only. I have been seeing a chiropracter ever since and referred to a knee surgeon. He said i require surgery on my left knee and will cost 70,000. I can get the surgery at the VA hospital done for free. In the meantime, my neck condition has improved immensely. Due to my poor financial condition, i will be evicted from my apartment on 2-15-20. I am 68 years old a nd now on social security. I live in the bay area which is extremely expensive. I need to settle asap. What should i do?
Do you know who it was that hit you? If so, do you have their insurance info?

CdwJava

You may need to consider obtaining legal counsel for assistance in making a claim. Many attorneys might agree to take this sort of thing on contingency. In other words, they will work for you and will only get paid out of any settlement you might receive. No settlement, no cost to you. A lot depends on the extent of the injuries, how likely it is they can prevail, and whether the other party has sufficient insurance and/or assets to cover an award to make it worth their while.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">