• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I will loose my home!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

Yolandra

IL:I signed a contact for a roof install. I asked the rep that if I could'nt make the d.payment would u still install the roof he said no! Contract stated that I was to have a d.payment on date. That date had passed&I did'nt have the $. I assumed that I did'nt have the $ why would they start the work-well they did and I was at work. Later my husband did notice the men outside-& the co. that we signed a contract with was not the co. who installed the roof. So we assumed it was Ceda.Ceda hires contractors to perform work. Before this I signed up for CEDA an agency that assist families w/home repairs. On this day I thought that this was CEDA's work & not the contractor.I found out it was contr. they keep call & cursing me out & make threts to my family. I spoke to them,worked out a payment plan, I made payments b/ have missed some,they are threting to put my home up for foreclosure. I don't have a truth in lending statement. I sent a letter showing how I can pay off my debt.

JETX

Was there a contract?? Was it signed by all parties?
Was there an 'authorization to start work' (or similar)?? Who signed it??

Companies don't just 'show up' and provide free services, so SOMEONE had to sign or authorize the work!!

Y

Yolandra

Yes, I did sign a contract. The contract did also state for me to provide a down payment before the work will start. That date passed and I didnt have the money. Also the date passed for the work to start as well. I assumed that since I didnt have the money why would they start the work. I also asked the rep. that same question that if I could not pay the down payment would the work start? He said no. I didnt sign any other documents regarding this matter.

Can I e-mail the contract to your attention??

Are you an attorney?

Thanks for your input.

ym

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">