• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I worked at a doctors office and I quit because office mang. was so mean!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J. Rogers

What is the name of your state? TX
I worked at a dr.s office and the office manager was real mean to me and the other staff. I often cried at work and always cried on the way home because I was so frusterated. I didn't want to quit because I needed the job. There were so many things that happened while I worked there I don't know if I need a lawyer for OSHA law, sexual harassment or just wrong treatment. How do I know if a lawyer will even help? It was an ongoing thing that happened when I first started there in April of this year, and stopped in August when I quit. I am new to the working world because I was a stay-at-home-mom for 12 years, but I know that the way I was treated was not right. Please help me figure out what to do. Nobody wants to listen to me and they say I am silly for wanting to seek advice or persue this as a legal issue, what do you think?

J. Rogers

I worked at a dr. office-more detail

J. Rogers said:
What is the name of your state? TX
I worked at a dr.s office and the office manager was real mean to me and the other staff. I often cried at work and always cried on the way home because I was so frusterated. I didn't want to quit because I needed the job. There were so many things that happened while I worked there I don't know if I need a lawyer for OSHA law, sexual harassment or just wrong treatment. How do I know if a lawyer will even help? It was an ongoing thing that happened when I first started there in April of this year, and stopped in August when I quit. I am new to the working world because I was a stay-at-home-mom for 12 years, but I know that the way I was treated was not right. Please help me figure out what to do. Nobody wants to listen to me and they say I am silly for wanting to seek advice or persue this as a legal issue, what do you think?
*DETAILS*
I don't know where to start, okay, the first incident happened when I first started working there. I was asked if I was married and I replied yes. I said how long and then the office mang. asked "Does the kitty cat stray?" I was disgusted and told him no! He would indirectly make comments about my breast size, if I went to his office to give him a chart I would say "where would you like me to put this" and he would slap himself in the face and say to me he is not going to say what he is thinking outloud but I could lay the chart on his desk. He grabbed my arm a couple of times and drug me over to where he wanted me, it was usually when he was not happy with the way I did something. He told me that people like me ought to be shot in the head just because I answered the phone differently from what he said he liked. He used foul language all the time. His favorite word was M*F*. He degraded me in front of other staff, compared our incomes and told me I would never get a raise because I was not like the other girl I worked with. He tried to get me to code lab sheets and because I was so new I did not feel comfortable doing so because the codes are so different for each patient. I told him no I would not do this and he got mad and said fine he would just have the other girl (that had been in this field for 15 yrs) do it and that if somebody new came to work here they would be better than me because he guessed I did not know what I was doing. He refers to himself as the devil and said GOD himself is afraid of him. I was stuck with a used needle because the other staff member did not immidiately dispose of it in the sharps container and she asked me to clean up for her and I got stuck and had to have blood tests run on me and they said they would pay the bill because the other staff member was negligent and the bill is still not paid, the office mang. will not deal with me and tells his headquarters for me to call someone else that I did not even work with and he would take care of it. The doctor would take the patient charts home when she was behind (HIPAA). I could on and on. These are the details, what do you think? Please help me decide what to do.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You're going to have to provide some detail. Not everything that is "not right" is illegal and there can be perfectly legitimate reasons for a manager being what you call, "mean".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">